Thursday, July 28, 2011

Comic-Con 2011


Well another Comic-Con has passed. And I had a great time. There's really nothing this year that I have to complain about that wasn't true last year. But I had a good time saw a few Comic related panels including Jeff Smith's Bone Retrospective, the Fantagraphics 30th anniversary, and a debate on the future of "floppy" comic books. So I'll have a lot to talk about on the ole wonder blog. Starting tomorrow I will be posting David's Wonder Blog's first V Logs that I filmed with my cousin Ruben. They are a group of interviews that we call "The Hard Work of Having Fun" in the six episodes we speak with Booth Babes, Cosplayers and Exhibitors. We're just starting out but they came out well.

But that said there is one aspect of Comic-Con I have to rant about. Pre Reg for 2012. For years Comi-Con has had pre reg available on site. I always operated smoothly. But this year someone decided "there's a problem here this pre reg thing works let's change it" So instead of pre reg being available in he sails pavilion on Saturday and Sunday. They had 2300 badges for sale from 9:00 to 11:00 at a neighbouring hotel. And it was a clusterfuck. The lines where closed at 5:00 am most days. Now my problem isn't that I couldn't pre reg, that sucks, but I'll live if I can't go to Comic-Con. My problem is that they took a system that worked and worked very well, and replaced it with one that didn't. In the old system I never waited in a line longer than 15 minutes, they scanned my badge, picked my reg option and paid. This year the ballroom where they where selling looked like a nightmare day at Disneyland and the only way you can get in this line, would be to be staying near by or spending the night waiting to cue up. It is bull.

But other than that great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment