Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A.P.E.


Well I just got back from the Alternative Press Expo (A.P.E.) it was a fun time, I released my first CD rom collection "Neuropsychosis: Killer Cheeps and Neurotic Weeks" as well as promoting my comic Neuropsychosis. I shared a booth with my friend Jason who was promoting his photography and his lovely wife Dior, who was selling her knit goods. The con was slow but we met a lot of people and promoted well.

A fun part for me was the party held by the comic distributor Last Gasp. I mean free booze and food how can an artist refuse. But seriously it was real cool, Last Gasp opened up their warehouse and we all got to look at the cool stuff that they had and get to know our fellow artists. Neato burrito fails to capture the ultimate coolness of it. Also all the books where for sale (I see the logic of the party now) I am enjoying the great book about Jaime Hernadez now.

So all in all it was a cool trip, not successful financially speaking, but it was a good experience. I would also like to thank my friend Ross for coming out on Sunday, when your far away the more friendly faces the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment